Thursday, March 27, 2014

Qingyan Ancient Town

FYI:  I am having difficulty with the blog retaining my pictures.  My tablet has not been nice to me!  I will fix when home, sorry!

Today we paid for an extra adventure while here in Joyah's home province of Guizhou.  It was a beautiful day around 70 degrees and much more fun than the alternative of spending the whole day in the hotel room.

We drove about an hour through the city of Guiyang and out into the country a bit.  There was a lot of road construction near the Acient town and we heard that they are trying to make a resort.  Qingyan town was built in 1378 during the Ming dynasty and is still a functioning town with lots of vendors.

Last night was our first "bad" sleep night with Joyah.  She was awake for nearly 4 hours playing in the bed while I was trying to sleep.  Thank goodness James and I are taking turns sleeping with her!

The "Honeymoon" period as our friends call it is also over.  If Joyah does not like something or get her way she throws quite the fit!  She must know the word "No!" by now.  She is still a happy girl a lot but she must have been the one in charge in her previous home.

Tomorrow we fly to Guangzhou at 6pm our time, 5 am Friday in the states to start the completion of our documentation with the US Consulate.  I have been told that our hotel there has bigger rooms and a play room.  That would be great!

Blogging may or may not occur tomorrow.








Dried sweet potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment